What is Disaster Financial Assistance?
Disaster Financial Assistance provides financial support to assist individuals, small businesses and community governments in recovering from a disaster and restoring damaged property to its pre-disaster condition.
Disaster Financial Assistance may be available when:
- An event is an emergency:
- Damage was so widespread that a significant number of people or properties are affected;
- The health, safety, and welfare of the affected residents are at risk;
- Emergency operations are conducted;
- A community, small businesses and community residents make serious efforts to protect property and minimize risk; and
- The Government of the Northwest Territories applies the Disaster Assistance Policy.
How can I apply for Assistance?
To determine if you are eligible for Disaster Financial Assistance or if you require additional information, please contact MACA’s Superintendent in your Region.