The Office of the Fire Marshal is responsible for delivering several programs relating to fire and life safety as identified in the Fire Prevention Act. Duties include:
- Fire investigations and fire loss reporting;
- Fire and life safety inspections/enforcement;
- Fire service training;
- Public safety and risk management education and prevention programming;
- Reviewing building plans to ensure compliance with adopted codes and standards; and
- Enforcement of the Fire Prevention Act.
- 2017 Office of the Fire Marshal Annual Report