What is it?
The Department of Municipal and Community Affairs may provide financial support to assist with the operating costs of youth centres or other community based facilities in the Northwest Territories that provide youth with positive and healthy lifestyle programs.
- Staff, utility or other operating costs, including minor maintenance, for buildings whose primary purpose is related to offering positive and healthy lifestyle programs for Northwest Territories youth under the age of 25 years; or
- Positive and healthy lifestyle programs for Northwest Territories youth under the age of 25 years not eligible for funding through the Northwest Territories Youth Corps or Youth Contributions Programs.
Eligible Costs that may be funded
Costs related to the operation of programs offered for youth in a designated youth centre or youth facility are eligible, including:
- Staff costs related to supervising or operating positive youth development programs;
- Materials and supplies for positive youth development programs; and
- Instructor or consultant fees and costs related to positive youth development programs.
- Capital or renovation costs over $5,000 are not eligible.
- A maximum of $25,000 is available for each recipient during the fiscal year.
- If all budgeted funds are not allocated by February 1 of the fiscal year, the remaining funding may be allocated to recipients with previously approved programs.
- Funding can be used for new initiatives or to top up existing funding being accessed through other sources.
How do I apply?
A call for applications will be issued each spring. If the community youth centre is operated by an organization other than the Community Government, a letter of support from the Community Government must be included with the application. Applications received after the deadline will be not considered, unless there are not sufficient suitable applications received by the deadline.
For more information please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org