The Youth Contribution Program provides funding for community governments or registered non-profit territorial, regional and community based organizations that are providing specific programs or services to youth.
The purpose is to support initiatives that promote positive lifestyles to improve the quality of life and well-being of youth in their communities.
- Approved projects held within the Northwest Territories may receive up to 75 per cent of eligible expenses, to a maximum of $5,000.
- Approved projects held outside the Northwest Territories may receive up to 50 per cent of eligible expenses, to a maximum of $4,000.
Applications must be submitted 6 weeks in advance of the project start date.
To be eligible for this funding, the following criteria must be met:
- Focus on activities and initiatives that create a long-term commitment to positive lifestyle choices for youth; and
- Provide positive benefits to five (5) or more youth.
Examples of projects that would meet the above criteria include:
- Developmental activities of youth-serving organizations, including annual general meetings and conferences, and the development of plans for those organizations
- Traditional Indigenous cultural events
- School-related extra-curricular activities and trips or youth trips sponsored by other organizations; and
- New and innovative projects to improve lifestyle choices for youth.
How to apply
- Review the Youth Contributions Funding Guidelines
- Fill out an application form.
- Email the completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org six weeks before the project start date.
Contact us by email if you have questions or need additional information.