The Department of Municipal and Community Affairs is now accepting applications for the 2023 - 2024 NWT Youth Ambassadors Program.
The deadline to apply is October 2, 2023.
About the NWT Youth Ambassadors Program
- The NWT Youth Ambassadors Program gives youth an opportunity to build leadership skills through participation at special events and volunteer assignments.
- Two ways to apply: written application and verbal application.
- Selection based on community involvement, commitment to a healthy lifestyle, and reflection on how the NWT Youth Ambassadors Program will help them in the future.
- Youth must be between 16 and 22 years of age as of March 1, 2024.
- All eligible youth from across the NWT are encouraged to apply.
Eligibility – NWT Youth Ambassadors must:
- Between 16 -22 years of age as of March 1, 2024
- Be a resident of the Northwest Territories
- Hold valid NWT Health Care
- Must be available to attend the mandatory orientation session from November 16 – 20, 2023
- Have a valid passport to travel internationally (or apply for one)
NWT Youth Ambassadors Program Application information:
All Pending Applicants Must Submit:
1. NWT Youth Ambassadors Application (Form A) apply online | download a form | apply verbally: call Alex at 867-767-9166 ext. 21109
2. Two Letter of Reference Forms (Form B)
All Successful Applicants will be required to submit:
1. A copy of a current Police Record Check including Vulnerable Sector
2. All youth accepted into the program will be required to have a valid
passport for international travel.
For more information or assistance, please contact the Youth and Volunteer Leadership Specialist at: email@example.com