Consumer Affairs

How we help

MACA’s Consumer Affairs Office deals with the concerns of anyone who buys or uses goods or services in the Northwest Territories by:

  • Providing information and advice on consumer issues for residents;
  • Maintaining a consumer complaint process that is free and considers the roles and responsibilities of both the business and the consumer;
  • Advising NWT residents of product safety and recall matters for consumer products;
  • Licensing Vendors who direct sell and their Direct Sellers, Collection Agencies, Real Estate salespeople, businesses and charitable gaming; and
  • Establishing a NWT Film Classification scheme for publicly exhibited films.   

Consumer Protection Guide

Consumer Complaint Form

Electronic Consumer Complaint Form

Consumer Information Bulletins