How we help
MACA’s Consumer Affairs Office deals with the concerns of anyone who buys or uses goods or services in the Northwest Territories by:
- Providing information and advice on consumer issues for residents;
- Maintaining a consumer complaint process that is free and considers the roles and responsibilities of both the business and the consumer;
- Advising NWT residents of product safety and recall matters for consumer products;
- Licensing Vendors who direct sell and their Direct Sellers, Collection Agencies, Real Estate salespeople, businesses and charitable gaming; and
- Establishing a NWT Film Classification scheme for publicly exhibited films.