What is it?
The Volunteer Recognition Policy allows community governments to promote and encourage community volunteerism through planned community volunteer recognition events. Community governments can apply for contributions up to one thousand dollars ($1000) per year for eligible costs related to hosting community recognition events.
Funding under this policy will be provided upon receipt of the following documents within 30 days after the event.
Below are the program application criteria.
Eligibility and Criteria
Eligible expenses include:
- Materials and supplies (gifts/plaques, etc.) having a total value of less than three hundred dollars ($300.00)
- Rental of venues
- Other expenses may be submitted for approval to the department prior to being incurred
Ineligible expenses include:
- Core operational funding;
- Per diems, fees, wages or similar payments to participants;
- Expenses related to the conduct of fund raising events
- Cash gifts or gift cards
- Prizes valued at three hundred dollars ($300.00) or greater.
How do I apply?
Applications are accepted year round. Each community government may apply for a maximum of $1000 per application cycle to support the recognition of volunteers.
- Applications for funding must include budget estimates that detail all sources of revenue and all expected expenses.
- Applications must also include an event design description, event objectives, and the date of the planned event.
- Applications must be submitted in accordance with the application form and guidelines provided by the Department.
- Applications for events which have already taken place will not be considered.
- Only those planned community events which serve to recognize and/or promote community volunteers and/or volunteer organizations are eligible for funding under this policy.
For more information please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org