What is it?
MACA provides financial assistance to eligible community governments and/or territorial-based recreation and sport organizations in the development and delivery of sport and recreation activities in the NWT through Recreation and Sport Contributions.
Eligibility is restricted to:
Community governments or registered “not-for-profit” territorial-based recreation and sport organizations that provide recreation and sport programs in communities.
For the following activities and events:
- Participation in recreation and sport events;
- Development and delivery of recreation and sport activities, including traditional aboriginal recreation and sport activities;
- Development and delivery of a public aquatics program either at a public pool or a waterfront, includes support to transport residents of small communities to communities with a public pool;
- Promotion of, and development of resources for, recreation and sport activities, including the development of internet websites;
- Development and delivery of recreation training, skills workshops or clinics;
- Improvements to local recreation and sport programs and services;
- To obtain sport and recreation equipment for public programs; and
- To develop sport and recreation plans (multi-year facility, event hosting, strategic plans, program development plans, etc.).
How do I apply?
Proposals/plans must be submitted by the eligible community government or must be accompanied by a letter of support from the eligible community government. Interested territorial-based recreation and sport organizations can contact us by email at: Sport_And_Recreation@gov.nt.ca for additional information.