Please review the information below and circulate to youth between the ages of 16 and 22 years of age within your community. The Department of Municipal and Community Affairs is now accepting applications for the 2019 - 2020 NWT Youth Ambassador Program. Included are key points about the program. Attached are the application form and poster to use within your community.
The deadline to apply is September 18, 2019.
About the NWT Youth Ambassador Program
- The NWT Youth Ambassador Program gives youth an opportunity to build leadership skills through participation at special events and volunteer assignments.
- Two ways to apply: written application and verbal application
- Selection based on community involvement, commitment to a healthy lifestyle, and reflection on how the NWT Youth Ambassador Program will help them in the future.
- Youth must be between 16 and 22 years of age as of March 1, 2020.
- All eligible youth from across the NWT are encouraged to apply.
- The deadline to apply is September 18, 2019.
Eligibility – NWT Youth Ambassadors must:
- Between 16 - 22 years of age as of March 1, 2020
- Be a resident of the Northwest Territories
- Hold valid NWT Health Care
- Must be available to attend the mandatory orientation session from November 14 – 18, 2019
NWT Youth Ambassador Program Application information:
All Pending Applicants Must Submit:
2. Two Letter of Reference Forms (Form B)
3. A copy of a current Police Record Check including Vulnerable Sector Check.
For more information or assistance, please contact the Youth and Volunteer Leadership Specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org