What is the purpose of the program?
To Train Community Government Staff in the Occupations Dedicated To Community Airports Management and Maintenance.
What are the objectives of the program?
- To provide community government employees with the skills to provide a safe, dependable and cost effective airport operations
- To ensure that the community government is safely providing a safe runway service to its residents.
- To allow community employees to do their job safely
- To enhance the overall skills of community airport employees so that they can more effectively contribute to the community
Why should I take the Community Airports Training program?
- Upon completion of the Management or Maintenance Courses you will have the capacity to serve your community in many of the essential operations of community airports such as Management or Maintenance of Airport Facilities
- You will be able to better serve your community and continue your job with a higher degree of quality, competency, and capacity
What do participants receive upon completion?
- Participants recieve a certificate of completion from the GNWT for each course completed
When and Where?
- Training courses are scheduled for June, November, and February
- Training Courses will be delivered throughout the Northwest Territories in both regional and community settings.
- A Bulletin advertising S of CG training opportunities, registration details, schedules, dates and locations will be regularly distributed to community staff, organizations and partners that support community governments.