The Office of the Fire Marshal is responsible for delivering several programs relating to fire and life safety as identified in the Fire Prevention Act. Duties include:
- Fire investigations and fire loss reporting;
- Fire and life safety inspections/enforcement;
- Fire service training;
- Public safety and risk management education and prevention programming;
- Reviewing building plans to ensure compliance with adopted codes and standards; and
- Enforcement of the Fire Prevention Act.
Information about the Office of the Fire Marshal, its duties and programs, or the Fire Prevention Act can be obtained by phone at (867) 767-9161.