The Department of Municipal and Community Affairs encourages and supports community governments and organizations involved in the development and delivery of activities directed to youth. The Youth Contribution Program is geared to people under 25 years of age and is intended for community governments or registered non-profit territorial, regional and community based organizations providing specific programs or services to youth. It supports initiatives that promote positive lifestyles to improve the quality of life and well-being of youth in their communities.
Approved projects held within the Northwest Territories may receive up to 75% of eligible expenses, to a maximum of $5,000. Approved projects held outside the Northwest Territories may receive up to 50% of eligible expenses, to a maximum of $4,000.
- Developmental activities of youth-serving organizations, including annual general meetings and conferences, and the development of plans for those organizations;
- Traditional Aboriginal cultural events;
- School-related extra-curricular activities and trips or youth trips sponsored by other organizations; and
- New and innovative projects to improve lifestyle choices for youth.
The following criteria must be met:
- Focus on activities and initiatives that create a long-term commitment to positive lifestyle choices for youth;
- Provide positive benefits to five (5) or more youth.
For full details on the Youth Contribution Program, please read the Policy.