Through the Recreation and Sport Contributions, MACA provides financial assistance to eligible recreation and sport organizations in the development and delivery of sport and recreation activities in the NWT.
Eligibility is restricted to:
- Community governments or registered “not-for-profit” community-based recreation and sport organizations that provide recreation and sport programs in communities.
Community Governments or Registered “Not-for-Profit” Community-Based Recreation and Sport Organizations:
Community governments and non-profit recreation and sport organizations are eligible for funding for the following activities and events:
- Participation in recreation and sport events;
- Development and delivery of recreation and sport activities, including traditional aboriginal recreation and sport activities;
- Development and delivery of a public aquatics program either at a public pool or a waterfront, includes support to transport residents of small communities to communities with a public pool;
- Promotion of, and development of resources for, recreation and sport activities, including the development of internet websites;
- Development and delivery of recreation training, skills workshops or clinics;
- Improvements to local recreation and sport programs and services;
- To obtain sport and recreation equipment for public programs; and
- To develop sport and recreation plans (multi-year facility, event hosting, strategic plans, program development plans, etc.).
Proposals/plans must be submitted by the eligible community government or must be accompanied by a letter of support from the eligible community government, and the contribution must be accounted for by submitting the following documents within 60 days of the completion of the project:
- A summary report detailing how the funding was used on the form developed for this program; and
- Substantiation of expenditures including a financial statement showing all revenues and expenditures related to the project.
For full details on the Recreation and Sport Contributions, please read the Policy (located on the sidebar).