The School of Community Government provides an integrated approach to community government capacity building. The School coordinates a system of training and development, tools and resources for community governments, their staff and organizations that support community governments.
Through a partnership approach, the School of Community Government:
- Assesses community needs;
- Develops occupational standards;
- Establishes training plans;
- Coordinates the delivery of training;
- Provides respected certification; and
- Achieves community capacity building results.
The goals of the School of Community Government include: enhancing the capacity of community governments through governance training; enhancing the competencies of community government staff by providing training and development opportunities that meet occupational standards; training Northerners for community government positions; and assisting local staff with the training required to advance to more senior level community government positions.
Training is available in:
- Management & Finance;
- Fire Protection & Public Safety;
- Land Administration;
- Recreation Facility Operations;
- Recreation Leadership;
- Water and Waste; and
- Works and Works Management .